I would use it to share the "Question of the Day" and then allow the students to respond.I also think it would be cool for children to share math problems and then the whole class can comment and discuss.
Blogs help in the classroom by having each child be personally responsible for their own learning through written responses. Blogs can be used for assessment and further teaching.
Blogs in the classroom can have many different uses. These can be used as an interaction between the teacher and the student, as a way to assess understanding, or for review and interaction between students via the teachers blog.
I think a blog could be used to get students interested in a lesson they might not be excited about. The blog can be tool to get them more involved in a class project.
For me, a blog would be better utilized with the students instead of with the parents. I would like to have a blog where I discussed activities of the day and parents could respond with thoughts or questions.
In the classroom, I would use it for students to answer questions from the Information Station (responding to a non-fiction article). I would also use it for open ended questions that students would respond to weekly and their response would be due by Friday. There are so many different ways that a blog could be used effectively. I would really have to put alot of thought into what I wanted out of it.
Blogs can help in the classroom by giving everyone a common place to express their opinions and share. They make students feel special because someone is listening to them. Blogs help information reach beyond the classroom and keep parents informed. They also give students opportunities to read, write, think, and relate to others!
Blogs help in the classroom by allowing students to engage their thinking in a technological way and share their thoughts and ideas about topics in the classroom rather than on paper/pencil. The students would also feel more ownership when they blog themselves.
Blogs allows the teacher to know and understand their students thinking. It can be used as an assessment tool to show if students have grasped a concept or not. Students can reflect and share their ideas about what they are learning.
I would like to use the blog to share thoughts and opinions about what we are studying in the classroom. Examples, question of the day, and journaling. I also would like to use it with parent communication.
Blogs allow students to say what they have to share in a fun and exciting way. They love to see what they wrote on the large interactive white board. Students do better when they are enjoying what they are doing.
I plan to use blogging as a means of letting my students respond to their Harcourt "Question of the Day" and then as a way for my students to reflect on what they learned about a certain skill/topic that was previously taught.
The use of technology to communicate with students and have them response to an open-ended question.
ReplyDeleteI would use it to share the "Question of the Day" and then allow the students to respond.I also think it would be cool for children to share math problems and then the whole class can comment and discuss.
ReplyDeleteBlogs help in the classroom by having each child be personally responsible for their own learning through written responses. Blogs can be used for assessment and further teaching.
ReplyDeleteI think that blogs are an excellent, quick source of assessment for any subject.
ReplyDeleteBlogs in the classroom can have many different uses. These can be used as an interaction between the teacher and the student, as a way to assess understanding, or for review and interaction between students via the teachers blog.
ReplyDeleteBodacious Bill
Blogs allow you to see what the students have learned after instruction has taken place.
ReplyDeleteI think a blog could be used to get students interested in a lesson they might not be excited about. The blog can be tool to get them more involved in a class project.
ReplyDeleteLink to document showing how to remove "next blog" from Blogger.
ReplyDeletehttp://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AXpoGIAoh9PkZGhrY3pmYjdfN2NnOHgzbTdw&hl=en
For me, a blog would be better utilized with the students instead of with the parents. I would like to have a blog where I discussed activities of the day and parents could respond with thoughts or questions.
ReplyDeleteIn the classroom, I would use it for students to answer questions from the Information Station (responding to a non-fiction article). I would also use it for open ended questions that students would respond to weekly and their response would be due by Friday. There are so many different ways that a blog could be used effectively. I would really have to put alot of thought into what I wanted out of it.
Blogs can help in the classroom by giving everyone a common place to express their opinions and share. They make students feel special because someone is listening to them. Blogs help information reach beyond the classroom and keep parents informed. They also give students opportunities to read, write, think, and relate to others!
ReplyDeleteBlogs help in the classroom by allowing students to engage their thinking in a technological way and share their thoughts and ideas about topics in the classroom rather than on paper/pencil. The students would also feel more ownership when they blog themselves.
ReplyDeleteBlogs allows the teacher to know and understand their students thinking. It can be used as an assessment tool to show if students have grasped a concept or not. Students can reflect and share their ideas about what they are learning.
ReplyDeleteI would like to use the blog to share thoughts and opinions about what we are studying in the classroom. Examples, question of the day, and journaling. I also would like to use it with parent communication.
ReplyDeleteBlogs allow students to say what they have to share in a fun and exciting way. They love to see what they wrote on the large interactive white board. Students do better when they are enjoying what they are doing.
ReplyDeleteBlogs are a great way for the students to interact with lessons. Also, blogs would be a great way to comunicate with parents.
ReplyDeleteI plan to use blogging as a means of letting my students respond to their Harcourt "Question of the Day" and then as a way for my students to reflect on what they learned about a certain skill/topic that was previously taught.
ReplyDelete